Lac Giao Communal House is located at Phan Boi Chau street, Buon Ma Thuot City, which marked the presence of the first Kinh community in the land of Dak Lak. Following the traders’ footsteps from lowland up to highland for exchanging goods, working at plantations, building roads and working for the government, … Kinh (Viet) people first settled in Buon Ma Thuot, they built a Communal House in 1928 and used this site as a place for worshipping the ancestors and to those who founded the villages and hamlets.
In 1932, King Bao Dai gave a “meritorios official state foundation” to Lac Giao Communal House and confirmed Central Highlands as the “Reigning king’s court’s property”, Tutelary God Dao Duy Tu was the person with the credit of establishing villages and hamlets. The communal house is also the place for worshiping the heroes who made considerable contributions for protecting and constructing the villages. This site was restored for many times and the latest time was in 2004. Currently, this place still retain for organzing festivals and ceremony events as in the old days. This is an interesting spot for visiting in Buon Ma Thuot City.